The year 2020 is certainly not going to be forgotten globally due to the outbreak of the deadly Novel Coronavirus pandemic. Its life threatening nature which killed over millions individuals affected every aspect of our daily life.
One sector that got stirred during the pandemic was the music industry – both internationally and locally, particularly the Ghana music industry following the lockdown directive which came from the government of Ghana.
Irrespective of this, the music industry had to move on with the commencement of virtual music shows, live concerts, album launch, among others to curb the spread of COVID-19. Truly, the pandemic didn’t stop musicians from sharing songs, albums and music videos to their fans.
I love music videos and I believe strongly that the pandemic forced many Ghanaians to stay online specifically on YouTube to watch trending music videos by their favorite musicians. Yes, aside 2020 badly giving us COVID-19, one good thing that came our way in the music industry were outstanding and colorful music videos by our creative Ghanaian musicians. Some of them delivered perfectly on their visuals.
Views of some of the music videos below might be out of the ordinary to you, but this is my top 10 most watched Ghanaian music videos released in 2020 on YouTube.
10. ‘Adom’ by Diana Hamilton – 2M views
9. ‘Turn Up’ by Kuami Eugene – 2.1M views
8. ‘Sobolo’ by Stonebwoy ft. Bhim Band – 2.2M views
7. ‘Happy Day’ by Sarkodie – 2.9M views
6. ‘No Dulling’ by Keche ft. Kuami Eugene – 3M views
5. ‘Sisa’ by King Promise – 3.3M views
4. ‘Say Cheese’ by KiDi – 3.7Mviews
3. ‘Nominate’ by Stonebwoy ft. Keri Hilson – 4M views
2. ‘Open Gate’ by Kuami Eugene – 4.7M views
- ‘Enjoyment’ by KiDi – 5.4M views
NOTE : Data for all the videos were recorded on Tuesday, December 29, 2020.