Charter House Ghana, organizers of the prestigious Vodafone Ghana Music Awards has opened nominations for this year’s awards.
This year’s edition of the VGMA will be the 20th edition and is expected to be bigger and better.
However, 2018 saw another great musical albums from our gifted and visionary Ghanaian artists and we are glad to present to you our top 5 potential winners for the album of the year category.
In addition, the category was won by the late Ebony Reigns with her album “Bonyfied” in 2018.
Besides, the album of the year is adjudged by the Academy and Board as the most outstanding compilation of hit songs on an album that was released during the year under review. It must have generated the most excitement during the year.
AKWABOAH – “Matters of The Heart”
· The 12-track album has songs such as “Hye Me Bo” and “Matters of the Heart”. It features artists such as Sarkodie and Strongman.
SHATTA WALE – “Reign”
· It consists of 17 tracks with one guest feature – Nigeria’s Olamide. “Gringo” was one the hit songs.
SAMINI – “Untamed”
· The album has 22 songs with no feature. Also, it was recorded and put together over a 3-year period.
KUAMI EUGENE – “Rockstar”
· The album has 13 songs including “Confusion”, “Wish Me Well”, “Angela” and “Walaahi.”
FLOWKING STONE – “Gifted II”
· It consists of 17 songs with 2 skits and a bonus song. Okyeame Kwame, Samini, Adina & Mr. Eazi are some of the artists featured on the album.